Monday, October 5, 2015

10/5 - Weekly Update

Since I am not giving day by day accounts of my workouts, maybe I will give a weekly progress report. 

First, this has not been the best week for me working out. Last week my brother and his family was in town and we were all in Ocean City NJ with y parents. A lot of resting and eating. This was followed by my daughter having surgery this week which meant no sleep, more rest days and more poor diet. 

I think that I am putting on weight in the wrong places so I am going to try to tackle my nutrition. I bought a $40 program with recipes, a calorie calculator and a tracking sheet. Simply, I set a 2,500 calorie per day target and will now write down what I eat. This can be easy if I plan things correctly. I won't graze since I will know when my next meal is coming. Good in theory, now need to execute.

To measure my progress, I will be taking pictures and posting them on this blog weekly. Hopefully I will see some progress.

As far as workouts go, I am focusing on less killer workouts but being able to work out every day. This starts with Qigong warm up, stretches & the 5 Stances and then is finished off with either:

Upper:

  • 5x10 Rows
  • 5x10 Sandbag Push Press
  • 5x10 Pull Ups - assisted to make sure that I get 5 full sets of 10


Lower:

  • 5x5 (each side) Pistol Squats - assisted for balance
  • 5x10 Single leg Deadlift / Front Squat circuit
or
  • 5x10 Single Leg Squat / Good Morning circuit


On the weekend, I do a long run using the Port Imperial stairs. This week:

  • 5.94 miles
  • 1 hour, 12 minutes
  • 12:07 pace

My improvement came in duration and the fact that I did the set of 2 staircases twice as opposed to 1 &1/2 times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment