Monday, October 26, 2015

Went to a Dietitian

Workout wise everything is on track. My long run included 3 laps of stairs, went for 1 hour and 32 minutes and took almost 7.5 miles. Next week we go for 3.5 laps. 

Big news of the week is that I went to a dietitian. Take aways:

1 - I weigh 220 pounds. 

  • I weighed 195 for the Beast last year. 
  • I gained 25 pounds
  • I need to get to 200 pounds to be better at body weight exercises
2 - Lose 10 pounds between now and Jan 1.

  • Still concentrate on strength since I don't have time in my training schedule to do it at another time
  • Tracking calories with MyFitnessPal
  • Add carb to breakfast (whole grain toast)
  • No fruit on the bottom in smoothie - just plain yogurt
  • Fat free milk in smoothie
  • Don't eat late - try to stop at 8 or the earlier, the better


3 - Get from 210 to 200 Jan - March with conditioning

  • New split: Lower / Conditioning / Ba Duan Jin / Upper / Conditioning / Ba Duan Jin **with heavy carry endurance on weekend
  • Use Milk bottles (quart, 1/2 gallon, gallon) with sand for kettlebells - get back to my kettlebell routine
  • Ba Duan Jin to Kung Fu workout DVD


4 - Increase athleticism April - June (nothing to do with weight loss but thinking out loud)

  • Strength 3x5 with conditioning finisher
  • Power day: Keg toss, Weighted sprints, burpee long jumps, loaded carries
  • Explosive Calesthenics
  • Explosive Kung Fu book / DVD

 5 - Kung Fu training in July - should be able to put some foundation work to good use


No comments:

Post a Comment