Friday, September 26, 2014

Body Weight in reverse & with negatives

Second body weight day of the week so I decided to do it in reverse. Why not? Sounds like a good plan to mix things up and make sure I am not doing the same exercise only when I am tired and others when I am fresh. Good news is that I made progress on all of my exercises.

Also, since I need to work on my pull ups, I am doing AMAP (3 right now) for one set and then hanging for as long as I can and doing the negative. Hopefully this is working those muscles more than failing to do more pull ups will. I also need to do some assistance work with the weight assisted pull up machine at the end of my routine. Did a bunch on the way out of the gym today.
Warm Up:

Intervals - 3 sets of between 6-12 reps per set. Supposed to spend 3 minutes on each set (exercise & rest) but I scaled my rests to approximately 30 seconds to one minute.

  • Dips - 12 / 7 / 6
  • Chin Ups / Pull Ups - 3P,4PN / 4C, 3CN
  • Military Press - 8 / 6 / 6
  • Toes to Bar - 6 / 6 / 7
  • Pistol Squats - 6 / 6 / 6
  • TRX Rows -12 / 10 / 8
  • Diamond Push Ups - 12 / 9 / 12

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes. I believe that I am still recovering from the Beast otherwise I would have shot through this faster.
  • Weight: 196

No comments:

Post a Comment