Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Body Weight Weeks 3 + 4 - Intervals

It is the Tuesday after I did the Spartan Beast on Saturday. I am surprised that I have recovered as fast as I have.

This workout is a combination of four workouts. The program wants me to do a push day, leg day, pull day and core day. The leg day and core day are pretty much a waste of time, I am only doing this program 2 days a week when they want me to do four, and the workouts are timed for 30 minutes when I like putting in an hour. So, I modified it and think that I put together something that will address my goals.
Warm Up:

Intervals - 3 sets of between 6-12 reps per set. Supposed to spend 3 minutes on each set (exercise & rest) but I scaled my rests to approximately 30 seconds to one minute.

  • Diamond Push Ups - 10 / 10 / 8
  • TRX Rows -12 / 11 / 7
  • Pistol Squats - 8 / 12R 6L 3L / 6
  • Toes to Bar - 6 / 6 / 5
  • Military Press - 5 / 6 / 6 ** harder than I thought
  • Chin Ups / Pull Ups - 3P / 3C / 2S / 1C / 2P **I hung for at least 15 seconds on last reps
  • Dips - 7 / 6 / 4

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 55 minutes total but I had a long conversation with another Beast in the gym. 40 minutes without conversation or warm up.
  • Weight: 197 **okay - I know that I achieved my 2014 fitness goal and I can relax but I can’t let myself go. Got to get back to smart eating. I need to get back to 193 and not go over 195 for my strength cycle and then get to 190 when I pick up the conditioning work in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment