Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kettlebell Conditioning - Last workout before the Beast

I can't believe that I am only 2 days away from this goal. I started this blog over a year ago to track my journey and, technically, it should be coming to an end. I am keeping it as it has become my workout diary but it is amazing to see the progression.

Good workout today since this is my last gym day before the Beast on Saturday. I started light and built weight through the next two circuits and then cut back for a fourth circuit. Did not do a fifth circuit since I wanted to end the workout at an hour. I may have been able to do a fifth under an hour but got caught up in a conversation with a guy who has done the Beast a couple of years ago.

Good news is that I was up to 197 pounds going into the Super Spartan and wanted to get back to a more idea weight of 193. Today’s weigh in was 194. I have an eating plan for the next two days, expect to execute on it and will be in prime fighting shape for Saturday.

This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 55 minutes.
  • Weight: 194 pounds
** All weight in KGs** - not sure how heavy the Grey or Green Kettlebells are but they are heavier than the 18 KG and Green is heavier than Grey

  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 8, 10, 12, 10
  • 1 Arm Kettlebell Swings: 12, 16, 18, Grey
  • Reverse Lunges: 12, 16, 18, 16
  • High Pulls: 12, 16, 18, 18
  • Squats: 12, 16, 18, 18

No comments:

Post a Comment