Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Push/Row, HS/Pike - Week 7/8 - 12# Weight Vest

Getting closer to the VT Beast. I can't believe that I am up to 12# on the vest and week 7 out of 8 in my program. The vest is starting to get heavy.

I was supposed to do this yesterday but decided to rest instead since I knew that it was not going to be good. I was still dragging after the Sunday run. Glad that I did it even though I had to cut one leg day out of training this week. Quality over quantity.

Time; 7:53

Warm Up: 

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Time: 8:03


  • 1 Arm Push Ups - 1st side to side, 2nd 1 arm assisted, 3 - 5 elevated on the top of the bleachers
  • Rows: 5x10. Although there were a couple of 9s in there and its tough to get the bar to my chest every time


Time: 8:24


  • Handstands Against Fence (seconds): 14, 20, 26, 21, 23
  • Pike Push Ups: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

** My left shoulder was really feeling it on the handstands but I improved on the Pikes. 

Time: 8:50

No comments:

Post a Comment