Saturday, July 26, 2014

Back in the Groove Kettlebell Session

This past week has been hectic with visitors and a business trip so I took it off from working out. I let my body rest and overate to give it the opportunity to catch up. This is my prep week for my first race. Since I am extremely confident that I can complete a 15k obstacle race on flat terrain, I am going to go all out and try and win my age group in the Open heat. This will be my baseline for racing and help me determine if I want to start racing in the elite heats going forward.

Due to my week off I could have started with any workout but decided on Kettlebells since they will get my total body into the exercise groove again while kickstarting my metabolism.

This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 70 minutes.
  • Weight: 192 pounds
** All weight in KGs**

  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 8, 10, 12, 10, 10
  • 1 Arm Kettlebell Swings: 12, 16, 18, 24, 24
  • Reverse Lunges: 12, 16, 16, 18, 16
  • High Pulls: 12, 16, 18, 16, 18
  • Squats: 12, 16, 18, 16, 18

No comments:

Post a Comment