Friday, July 11, 2014

Upper Body - Focus on Pull Ups & Monkey Bars

Due to family plans coming up this weekend that require a clean car, I opted not to drive to the football field to do my scheduled conditioning work. The next option would be kettlebell conditioning but that is always a crap shoot at the gym during the week since I need a little space to get it done. The third option was an upper body workout which is fine since Monday’s session was not the best and I have been day dreaming about monkey bars and pull ups all week.


A twist that I added to my pull ups & chin ups are 3 1/3rd reps. Take a look at this video:




Lastly, I think that something great that came out of this workout session was that I focused on one part of it. This meant that I did not have time to do my rows but that is okay. I will make sure to get back to them next time and maybe rest bench or presses. Maybe that is a great idea to pick an exercise to really focus on and rest another. We shall see. I don’t think it can hurt.


Warm Up:


Chest/Back Routine - 5 sets increasing in weight and decreasing in reps 20/15/10/5/3. To compensate for lighter weights keep a good pace.




Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Weight: 193
  • Bench Press
    • Previous high: 3@155
    • Sets: 20@105, 12@105/3@105, 9@115, 5@125*, 3@135*
  • Pull Ups(P)/Dips(D)/Chin Ups(C)/Rope Pull Ups(R)/Monkey Bars(M)/Leg Ups(L)
    • Sets: Px3/M/Cx3/L/D10#, Px3@5#/M5#/Cx3@5#/L/4D@15#, 2P/M/3C/L/4D@15#
    • Did not have the rope for pull ups
    • Doing 1 arm monkey bar crosses and did not make it all the way back the 2nd & 3rd time
  • Press
    • Previous High: 3@100 or 1@105
    • Sets: 20@60, 15@65, 10@75, 5@85*, 1@95/3@90
  • Finisher: 30 Burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment