Sunday, July 20, 2014

Eating & Sunday Spartan Training

Most important note is that I have been trying to watch what I eat and also trying to limit my carb intake in order to be at a peak weight for upcoming races. Yesterday I was walking all around New York carrying my daughter and by the end of the day I was ready to pass out. Literally. I actually got dizzy. This was on a rest day and after eating a full lunch of Moo Goo Gai Pan - which is chicken and vegetables. 

The take away is that I need to continue to eat carbs and eat more in general to fuel my workouts and strength growth. I have to stop listening to bloggers and listen to my body while keeping an eye on the scale since I can't use this as an excuse and let myself go.

This morning I took advantage of my time opportunity and went to the Spartan training in Jersey City. Good workout but nothing that is a lot greater than what I am already doing. 

After a good warm up we did:

  • 50 TRX Rows (hang from the handles and pull yourself up)  and everytime you stopped to rest you had to do ten pushups
  • 100 squats - could be body weight but could also add load. Everytime you rested you had to to ten bell slams (worthless exercise)
  • Lunges down the street and back. Not sure how far on this but it was long. 
  • 30 burpees with ten sit ups every time you rested.
  • In between each exercise you had to run down the street and back. 


One of the main reasons I made it a point to attend was to practice the rope climb. As many YouTube videos as I watch I still can't get the foot placement and technique down so it looks like I will be muscling up the rope. This puts an emphasis on pull ups through September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment