Friday, July 18, 2014

Football Field Conditioning

Had a good day but cut it a little short due to the back of my knee and what I believe is my hamstring acting up. Still got three circuits in, increased the weight vest to 12 pounds from 10 and did 12 reps on the second and third circuits as opposed to ten.

I read today that consistency is the key for making gains. For every five workouts someone in training will usually have one bad day, three okay days and one awesome day. Yesterday was an awesome upper body day. Today was a not so great conditioning day.

Another thought is that for my next leg day I will do AMAP barbell step ups with an 80 pound bar. This will be after my squats & deadlifts and will be for time. I will round out the remainder of my workout time with this exercise. The first time doing it will establish a base line to improve upon. The purpose is to prepare myself for the 60 pound sandbag carry up the mountain during the VT Spartan Beast.

Warm Up:

Workout Circuit all done while wearing 12 pound weight vest:
  • Run around the track to make sure legs are warmed up
  • 50 yard sprint with 40 pound speed sack
  • 12 Sit Ups with 20 pound rip:60
  • 12 Box jumps (onto bench on side of field)
  • 12 Russian Twists with 20 pound rip:60
  • Shuttle Runs: 10 yards & back, 20 yards & back, 10 yards & back
  • 20 Straight leg deadlift to push press with 30 pound rip:60
  • 50 yard lunges with 30 pound speed sack & 10 pound weight vest on my shoulders

Repeated Circuit 3 times

  • Time: 60 minutes - including walk to and from car.

No comments:

Post a Comment