Monday, July 14, 2014

Leg Day - Focused on Step Ups & Deadlift - Skipped Squat

I took two days off this weekend and was back at it today. I only did two of the three lifts that I planned on and I am not sure if that was due to a focused effort or time constraints or both. Most probably both. With a recent emphasis on specialization and focus I wanted to make sure that I improved on my dumbbell step ups. I did this by increasing the reps and lowering weight on early sets similar to my other exercises. The result is that I was able to lift my heaviest weight on the fifth set for three reps which I believe is a recent plateau for me. I hope to show improvement next time.

Secondly, I hit the deadlifts since the squat rack was occupied and am proud of what I did there. I did not hit my max but increased weight in earlier sets.

I skipped squats due to a little time crunch and since I maxed out on deadlifts and dumbbell step ups. I could have gone through a routine If I didn’t have to get home.

Overall, I didn’t do everything that I wanted to do but really nailed the stuff that I did. Good day.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - Switched to a reps per set of 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 / 3

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Weight: 193

  • Step Ups
    • Previous high: 3@60
    • Sets: 10 (each)@30, 8@45, 5@50, 3@55, 3@60
  • Deadlift
    • Previous High: 5@275
    • Sets: 20@155, 15@185, 10@215, 5@245, 3@255
  • Finisher: 30 Burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment