Friday, November 14, 2014

Bodyweight Day & Perfect Example Why I Don't Do CrossFit

Today was a perfect example of why I don’t do CrossFit. After a killer leg day yesterday and having to sweep and mop first thing this morning, I didn’t have the mental or physical energy to do a complete bodyweight workout as programmed. Instead, I picked a couple of exercises that I wanted to work on, did them and got out to get on with the rest of my day. I wouldn’t have that flexibility in a CrossFit box.

The new exercise that I added to my program is a jumping pull up. To help me improve on the top range of my pull ups I start from the floor jumping up to the bar and use my momentum to help complete the pull up. This adjustment allows me to do more. Since I am doing ladders, I used the down side of the ladder to start from the traditional hang but did not kill myself to get to the top since I already worked on that. Anytime I can do a full range of motion pull up, I do it but this gives me the ability to target some weak points of the motion.

Warm Up:

Ladders - Every set increase reps by 1. (1 rep, 2 reps, 3 reps, etc.) until you hit failure. Then go back down the ladder decreasing the reps every set.
  • Leg Ups - Ladder to 8
  • Dips - Ladder to 7 (improvement over 6 the past 2 sessions)
  • Jump Pull Ups - Ladder to 6
Notes / Results:

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Weight: 198

No comments:

Post a Comment