Friday, November 7, 2014

Week In Review - Tough Mudder Houston

I haven't posted in a while but since its valuable to keep a consistent record of my workouts I need to get back at it.

Last week I was ot feeling well coming off a cold that I think was due to being tired. The Kettlebell workout last Wednesday kicked my ass and it was a mild version of what I regularly do.  

Thursday was better as I did 2 sets of 4 of the 6 body weight exercises. I focused on upper body leaving out the pistol squats and V-Ups and Toes to Bar. Felt great after that workout.

Friday I was in Houston and did a 3 mile run around Rice Stadium comfortably. 

Saturday - rest / yoga. My favorite Yoga video was made private so now I have to find a new one but I did my second favorite. 

Sunday was Tough Mudder Houston. 10 miles of running - and we did run since it was through a field and not slogging through muck - and 20 obstacles. Good times. Finished with the Military Challenge which was pushing a weighted sled, 6 pull ups, low crawl, 20 elevated feet push ups and pull the sled back to its original position. Supposed to be done in 2 minutes. Looking forward to Pennsylvania Tough Mudder to do this again and hopefully within 2 minutes. 

Monday was rest and travel. Tuesday was rest - no yoga.

Wednesday I am on to the body weight next level but I found that the difference is making the same basic exercises harder. So, I am doing the same stuff but back to ladders with my eye on the goal of what I need to achieve to make it to the next level. Again, I did 4 of the 6 leaving the core and leg exercises out.

Thursday was squats and deadlifts but with significantly reduced load and reps. I was exhausted and maybe a little hung over since I was out late the night before drinking. I am glad that I got the workout in since it more signifies my shift to strength training now that my 2014 events are successfully completed. 

I will do a yoga today and hit upper body barbell training tomorrow followed by all out squat and deadlift session on Sunday. I feel much better today after a good night's sleep.

Final thoughts are that I need to surround myself with more OCR people who I can aspire to. This will help me elevate my game. I also really need to work on my cardio and specifically running when spring rolls around. Once I have my strength base there is no reason to plod through these courses anymore. My plan of action may be to join some running groups and surround myself with better runners so that I can up my game in that aspect.

That is all, Feeling a little sore but refreshed and ready to start my next training period for the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment