Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Push Press Focus on Upper Body Strength Day

Amazing. My mind was set on hitting my Push Press goal for December 1st and then hitting my Pull Up goal. With that focus I smashed my previous performance and got to the December 1st goal on my 7th set. Admittedly I have had better form on the earlier sets with lighter weights (no little oomph from the lower body to get the bar off my chest) but I now have the chance to clean it all up without worrying about adding load.

I did a light bench press session with great focus on extended pauses at the bottom and keeping my elbows in. After hitting my bench goal last time I am glad to just go through the motions today.

This was probably my best pull up day ever as I did 5 solid, perfect form full range of motion with pauses pull ups. Next time I will do 6 and have hit my goal.

Didn’t do Rows today. Will do them next time.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Weight: 202

  • Press
    • Previous High: 2@110
    • Sets: 11@85, 8@90, 7@95, 4@100, 3@105, 3@110, 3@115
  • Bench Press
    • Previous high: 2@165
    • Sets: 7@135, 5@145, 4@135
  • Pull Ups
    • Previous High: 4
    • 5, 4(2C), 4S, 3, 3C, 3S

No comments:

Post a Comment