Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chest / Back Sunday

The original plan was to go snowboarding today. Due to personal obligations, that got canceled. The back up plan would be for an endurance workout. The personal obligations would not allow that either. So, lets get right to the upcoming week and do my Chest/Back day. Good planning since I know that snow is expected tonight into tomorrow morning forcing a rest day tomorrow.

Honestly, I really did not have it today after yesterday’s all out session. I gave the energy that I did nhave and the results weren’t so bad. The pace was slow but the effort was there.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 1st set is ½ weight and 10 reps to warm up and focus on form. Then 5 sets with 5 reps each at max weight.


Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes.
  • Weight: 196
  • Decline Bench Press
    • Previous high: 4@185 Goal: 185
    • Sets: 155, 165, 175, 3@185, 4@185
  • Rear Lateral Raise
    • Previous high: 3@40 Goal: 45
    • Sets: 30, 35, 40, 45, 40 **previously I did 40 but noted that I was not happy with form or range. Today, my first 40 was very good so I went to 45 which could use a little help so I finished at 40.
  • Dips
    • Previous high: 30 Goal: 50
    • Sets: 10, 9, 7, 10, 8 **I could not find the weight belt so I did body weight dips. I got a bunch in but thought that I would be able to do more since I had less weight. That was not the case. Interesting to note the difference.
  • Pull Ups
    • Previous high: 3@5 pounds Goal: 5@10 pounds
    • Sets: 4, 1 Traverse (4 at different angles & hand position), 3, 3, Traverse **see note for dips with the lack of weight belt.
  • EZ Bar Pull Over
    • Previous high: 2@80 Goal: 90
    • Sets: 60, 65, 60, 65, 70 ** the first 65 wasn’t the best range so took it a step back and was able to advance from there.
  • Finished with more sets of dips, pull ups and monkey bars. No pre set training routine would know that I have to work on this. That is why I learn from others and then plan and do workouts myself.
    • Sets: 4 pull ups, 7 dips, traverse pull ups, 6 dips, 3 pull ups, monkey bars leading with right hand, 3 dips, 2 pull ups, monkey bars with left leading, monkey bars alternating lead hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment