Saturday, March 15, 2014

KettleBell VO2 Max Saturday - Routine Catching Up To Me

Today was tough. I am feeling like my regular exercise program is catching up to me and that it is time to take a break. This is good since I have a business trip coming up this week and I will have the opportunity to do just that.

Good part is that I completed 5 rounds of Kettlebell. I may have been able to rest a little less in between sets but I guarantee you I kept at least a 2:1 work to rest ration and probably more like 3:1 or greater.
Warm Up:

Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 60 minutes **last time I did this in 45 minutes but last time I did not do 10 Burpees at the end of each circuit..
  • Weight: 197
**All weights in kg**

  • Kettlebell Swings - Sets: 16, 16, 18, 6@24/14@18, 10@24 **did double arm swings instead of single arm
  • Forward Lunges - Sets: 10, 12, 16, 16, 6@18 **took the weight down a little bit from last time
  • High Pulls - Sets: 10, 12, 16, 18, 18 **took the weight down a little here
  • Goblet Squat - 12, 13@16, 15@16, 10@18, 15@18 **took the weight down here. These squats were killing me
  • Clean and Press - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 16, 16 **did 18 on last 2 sets last time
  • 10 Burpees at the end of each circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment