Friday, July 26, 2013

Arms & Shoulders #3 - 207 with 43 days until Super Spartan

Had a late night last night and drank a lot of beer. I should pat myself on the back for just being able to wake up and go to the gym in the morning. That said, I completed all 5 circuits and increased weight on some of the exercises. Also got everything done in 60 minutes so I didn't mess around too much although I could have completed the workout faster. 

Warm Up:


Arms & Shoulders Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit  - Do 5 circuits.


To improve cardio and core strength for September's Super Spartan I incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, v-ups, elevated feet russian twists, etc.) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each cycle.

Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 207
  • Time 60 minutes
  • Barbell Shoulder Press - max 2 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. Did 6 reps @ 75 on 3rd, then 10 reps @ 75 on 4th
  • Bar Curl - max 7 reps @ 55 pounds +EZ curl bar on 3rd & 4th circuit. For 5th circuit someone took the bar so I did 10 reps with 35 pound dumbbells
  • Barbell Front Raise - max 7 reps @ 75 pounds on 5th circuit
  • Lying Triceps Extension - max 4 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment