Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chest & Back #4 - 39 Days to the Super Spartan

Today the focus is on my chest and back and this is version 4 of the workout. 4 versions in total meaning that I do each workout once a month although I focus on chest once a week. A complete cycle done so next time I can start to directly compare progress.


Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit  - Do 5 circuits.

To improve cardio and core strength I incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, hip cross-overs, leg lifts, elevated feet russian twists, v-ups,decline cross-over crunches) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 205. Progress.
  • Time: 60 minutes. Took my time down by 5 minutes versus last week.
  • Bench Press - max 10 reps @ 100 pounds + bar on 5th circuit. Increase in weight from previous workouts. Progress.
  • Lateral Pull Downs - max 8 reps @ 195 on 4th circuit. Still battling 195 and doing 195 on the 5th circuit was very difficult since I only got in 4 reps. Still increasing reps & weight. Progress.
  • Dumbbell Flys - max 10 reps @ 35 on 5th circuit. Only did 6 on 4th but came back for 10 reps. This is another plateau that I am battling.
  • Barbell Dumbbell Row - max 10 reps @ 95 on 5th circuit. Started too light and I can really push this higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment