Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 1

Hi all and welcome to the first day of this blog. The purpose is to log my activities and thoughts as I train for the 2014 Spartan Beast. 

Please know that I am 41 years old with a wife, very young daughter and a career. All of these things are more important to me than this challenge. Also, I was never a high school or college athlete and I was unable to finish the 2012 Super Spartan in Vernon, NJ. I will get into more details over the life of this blog.

Today, I drove 35 minutes to the Ramapo Reservation Trail and ran/hiked up a mountain for 2 hours. This is the closest hill running terrain to me.

I am a terrible runner with a pace of an 11 minute mile and even worse hill runner. This is why I practice. 

Thank you for reading.

Eric  

No comments:

Post a Comment