Thursday, July 25, 2013

Leg Workout #3 - 208 pounds with 44 days until Super Spartan

Okay, let me share with you the set back in addition to the gain. Weight was 208. Up from 204. I know everything fluctuates but I don't like seeing this. 

Also, time was up to 80 minutes. I competed 5 circuits but I need to improve my time. Contributing to the longer time may have been setting up the weights.

Good news is that I increased weight on all of the exercises. WEven did 10 reps on each new high except for the dumbbell step ups where I only did 5 at the new high weight. This may also be because it was the last exercise on the last cycle of the day. Lets go with that. Next time, start higher on all and max higher. 

The focus on legs is to build strength for hill/mountain climbing and running through mud. 

Rockin the 10 core reps (sit ups, v-ups, elevated feet russian twists, etc.) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each cycle..

Warm Up:


Legs Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next cycle  - Do 5 cycles.

**By the way. I do not support and am not compensated by Mr Supplement - who I use for many of my videos - I just think that they have good and short explanations**


Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 208 Hopefully near lower high end of the range
  • Time: 80 minutes. Much longer than I would like but I did finish 5 circuits and there is some extra time to load weights on this routine
  • Barbell Squats: max 10 reps @ 110 + bar on 5th circuit
  • Barbell Deadlift: max 10 reps @ 180 + bar on 5th circuit
  • Standing Barbell Calf Raise: max 10 reps @ 330 + bar on 5th circuit
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 5 reps @ 40 each hand on 5th circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment