Friday, January 17, 2014

8 mile, 1:20 Run

Although this is the strength training season in my training schedule, I continue to find time for cardio and mix things up. I ran approximately 8 miles today at a good pace. There are some hills along the way and a staircase up the side of a cliff that is 12 sections of about 10 steps each. One day I will take a picture and share.

Just to fill out this blog post, I am in the strength building months of Beast training meaning that I have goals and focus on increasing the amount of weight that I lift. I switch to conditioning on May 1st when I change the way that I lift to focus on still lifting my max weight but grow by lifting it or slightly lighter weights more times. When September rolls around I switch strictly to body weight cardio and save myself for the Spartan Super, Spartan Beast and Tough Mudder which all happen within a 6 week time frame. November and December is rest and experiment with new stuff. Just have fun.  

Running does not fit into strength building but today is outside of my 3 gym days per week. I find different and random workouts on the other 2 days of the week that I work out. This randomness keeps my body guessing and contributes to overall fitness that combines strength and endurance. Sunday I will go snowboarding. 

Enjoy your weekend and I will be back to blogging on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment