Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kettlebells & Opinions Are Like Noses

I had lunch with a business friend of mine and the topic of working out and training came up. I listened to how he targeted strength ratios. For example, being able to bench 150% of your weight. The two factors that go into this would be : 1)your weight and 2) how much you can bench. The conversation included diet and again we found different theories that worked.

THe point of all of this is that opinions are like noses, everybody has one. Every diet works for someone. Every workout program works for someone. I am glad that I have done my research and have a specific goal that I can build an exercise and diet plan around. I hope that the same is true for you. Determine your goals and focus your workout and diet plan to get there. Listen to new ideas and digest them appropriately but take action only on the ones that are most significant for you. This is another reason why I don’t like CrossFit. Its a class. It is not focused toward exactly what I want to do.

Good workout this morning. I wore my “I’m Training For A Spartan Race” shirt and wanted to get a selfie in the mirror when it was soaked with sweat at the end of my workout. Unfortunately, the gym got crowded and it is not y style to take selfies in front of people so I didn’t get it done. Maybe next time.
Warm Up:


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Weight: 198.
  • Windmills - Sets: 10kg, 12kg, 16kg, 18kg
  • High Pulls - Sets: 12kg, 16kg, 18kg, 5@24kg x2
  • Single Leg Deadlift - Sets: 16kg, 16kg, 18kg, 24kg
  • Side Lunge - Sets: 16kg, 18kg, 24kg, 24kg
  • Squat & Press - Sets: 12kg, 16kg, 18kg, 18kg
  • Did 10 burpees at the end of each circuit. Including warm ups, did a total of 50 burpees.  

Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining

He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment