Monday, January 6, 2014

Back in the Gym for Arms & Shoulders

Got back in the gym for the first time since Tuesday. Holidays are over and I am ready to get back into the routine so lets get right to it.


But before I do that, let me comment that I went back to the diet books and read The New Evolution Diet which is all about eating Paleo. Although a diet along these lines worked to help lose 20 pounds last year, it is entirely too restrictive. Rereading it gave me some more good diet and eating habit ideas but going forward I am on my own and will trust my best instincts. The goal is still to get to 185 by September 1st.


Warm Up:


Arms & Shoulders Routine - 1st set is low weight to warm up and focus on form. Sets 2 - 5 are for max weight for 5 reps each.




Core Tabata:
  • Sit Ups w/ 10 pound plate
  • Mason Twists w/ 35 pound dumbbell
  • V-Ups w/ 12kg kettlebell
  • Cross Over Fingers to Knees w/ 5 pound plate


Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 199. Glad that I broke the 200 plateau and that  was able to hold the weight loss through the holidays. This should mean that I am on the right weight loss track and should see more progress over the next several months.
  • Time: 50 minutes with 2 rounds of Tabata. Glad to be keeping my workouts short and focused.
  • Barbell Shoulder Press
    • Previous high: 85. Goal: 105
    • Sets: 65, 75, 4@85, 5@85, 2@95
  • Bar Curl
    • Previous high: 80. Goal: 100
    • Sets: 75, 4@80, 2@80, 2@80
  • Dumbbell Front Raise
    • Previous high: 45. Goal: 55
    • Sets: 40, 45, 45, 3@45
  • Lying Triceps Extension
    • Previous high: 85. Goal: 105
    • Sets: 85, 4@95, 4@95, 3@95

No comments:

Post a Comment