Thursday, August 1, 2013

Leg Workout #4 - 37 Days Until Super Spartan - 203 pounds

Time was 80 minutes and my weight is down to 203. Those are the highlights. This routine is basically the same as the #3 Leg routine except the exercises are in a different order and the deaf lift in this one is straight leg. Mixing up the order gives me a good idea of what I can do with squats and step ups which I consider to be the two best exercises in the routine.

The focus on legs is to build strength for hill/mountain climbing and running through mud.

Rockin the 10 core reps (sit ups, v-ups, elevated feet russian twists, etc.) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each cycle..

Warm Up:

Legs Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next cycle  - Do 5 cycles.




Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 203. New low.  I will probably bounce up from this but continue to make progress toward my goal of 200.
  • Time: 80 minutes. Much longer than I would like but I did finish 5 circuits and there is some extra time to load weights on this routine. This time is consistent with leg workout #3.
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 5 reps @ 40 each hand on 5th circuit. Consistant with leg workout #3. I had some trouble @ 40 on the 4th circuit but came back and did all 10 reps on 5th.
  • Standing Barbell Calf Raise: max 10 reps @ 325 on 5th circuit. Did 330 last time but did not test that weight this time
  • Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: max 4 reps @ 145 + bar on 5th circuit. Seemed to breeze through first four circuits and then really hit a wall here.
  • Barbell Squats: max 10 reps @ 180 + bar on 5th circuit. Need to push more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment