Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Great Squat Day

Did great with my squats and really feel like I have form down, went heavier and feel like I could have done just a little bit more. 

Also mixed in the dumbbell step ups by doing three sets while waiting for the power rack to do squats and then two more sets after squats. Got into a conversation with Aaron who did the Spartan Trifecta two years ago. The talk went a little long so I skipped deadlifts and burpees. Also was not able to judge time. Scale was broken so I couldn’t track that either.

Justification for the short workout is that I am supposed to be in maintenance period and maybe a good squat day and end it is the same as an ease off full workout. It is not what I intended to do but I am not going to beat myself up over it.

One of the things that Aaron mentioned about the Beast is to make sure to run & train with the hydration pack so that I am used to it. This is not the first time that I have heard this advice. I have a body weight and run workout idea for my upcoming vacation and will now plan to wear the camelbak during it.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - Reps per set of 20 / 15 / 10 / 5 / 3

Notes / Results:
  • Time: ??
  • Weight: ??

  • Squats
    • Previous High:3@165
    • Sets: 20@80*, 15@100*, 10@120*, 5@155*, 3@155
  • Step Ups
    • Previous high: 3@60
    • 45, 50, 55, 4@55, 4@55

No comments:

Post a Comment