Friday, August 29, 2014

Kettlebell (2) Conditioning

I will give myself a neutral on this one but on the plus side of neutral. There is a lot of good to talk about today. I did five rounds when I almost quit at four. I maxed out on my squat and press at the end of round four and was thinking that since this is a taper week that I should pack it in and not push. Not only did I not pack it in, but I also stepped it up in weight for three of the five exercises in the fifth circuit. My notes from last time told me to start at 16kg instead of 12 but I started at 12 and instead of plateauing like last time I continued to increase weight hitting new highs in later circuits. I like that approach since it takes me a little bit to get my engine started so trying to kill myself on the first circuit is not a good strategy.

Warm Up:


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 70 minutes
  • Weight: 194
All weight in kg
  • Windmills: 12, 16, 18, Grey, Grey **should have tried 24kg here
  • High Pulls: 12, 16, 18, Grey, 24
  • Single Leg Deadlift: 16, 18, 24, Green, Red (32kg)
  • Side Lunge: 12, 16, 18, Grey, 24
  • Squat & Press: 12, 16, 18, 5 Grey, 4 Grey

Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining

He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment