Friday, August 22, 2014

Kettlebell Conditioning

I am going to give myself a plus workout today because:
1 - Increased weight
2 - Decreased time
3 - Lost 3 pounds (this is actually a result from previous days’ work but it wraps up nicely into the narrative)

I feel stronger and my endurance/conditioning is up. I am not sure if this is due to the protein/creatine I have added to my diet or the results of the strength program or both. Any way, I am confident that I will be in top shape for the Beast in less than one month.
Also, I went with Kettlebell workout one instead of number four since the first three were from the kettlebell workouts website I found and numbers four and five were my own. I am thinning out the workout herd and simplifying so let me stick with the pro advice and not my own.
This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 70 minutes.
  • Weight: 193 pounds
** All weight in KGs** - not sure how heavy the Grey or Green Kettlebells are but they are heavier than the 18 KG and Green is heavier than Grey

  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 8, 10, 12, 12, 12
  • 1 Arm Kettlebell Swings: 12, 16, 18, Grey, Green
  • Reverse Lunges: 12, 16, 18, Grey, Grey
  • High Pulls: 12, 16, 18, Grey, Grey*
  • Squats: 12, 16, 18, Grey, Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment