Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunday Run / Monday Upper Body

The run I scheduled for Sunday was a wash out since I was still recovering from Friday. Only did 3 miles and most of it was walking. I did stop four times to do 20 decline push ups. 25 body weight squats, 5 pull ups and 10 bulgarian split lunges on each side. In the big picture, Friday was a plus workout day and Sunday was a minus. Everything will even out.

Today was back in the gym to work on my upper body. I felt that I did very well on my rows, bench and monkey bar routine and that this could have been another plus day if I had spent another 15 minutes to just get through my barbell shoulder presses. I didn’t and left it at a neutral.  

I am about a month away from the Spartan Beast so I have my wristband on and am focusing on putting on the finishing touches in my training and eating to make sure that I am in prime condition to bring my A game. This means making good eating decisions and keeping a consistent mix of strength training, conditioning and hill running. I am almost there. I will be ready.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 5 sets increasing in weight and decreasing in reps 20/15/10/5/3.


Notes / Results:

  • Time: 60 minutes
  • Weight: ??? - this is an ongoing thing and the gym hasn’t fixed it. Thats okay since I just need to concentrate on making good eating decisions for the next month and my weight won’t matter.
  • Barbell Row
    • Previous High: 3@175
    • Sets: 20@115*, 15@125*, 10@145*, 4@175*, 3@185
  • Bench Press
    • Previous high: 3@155
    • Sets: 20@110*, 15@115, 7@125/3@125, 5@135*, 2@145
  • Pull Ups(P)/Dips(D)/Towel Hangs(T)/Monkey Bars(M)
    • 3 rounds - AMAP all body weight
  • Finisher: 30 Burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment