Sunday, August 4, 2013

2 Hour Run in the Rain

Realized that it was raining and had to get out and run. The original plan was to rest and go to the beach on Saturday and run on Sunday. Once I saw that it was raining and the beach was out I flipped my plans. Also I enjoy running in the rain (really a drizzle).

Did my Lincoln Harbor / Port Imperial / Hoboken run instead of driving out to the mountains to do hills and trails. Progress included stretching my run from 90 minutes to two hours with many less rests. I kept a very constant pace.

Included in this run was the massive hill that I have previously sprinted/walked going up it. This time I held a consistent pace with no walks/rest. Also tackled the Staircase of Death exceptionally well on the way back.

Stretched out my run by going past Lincoln Harbor and made it into Hoboken to 4th street before turning back. I was kicking myself for not finishing the last 5 streets and the Hoboken Beach turn around but as I was coming back I realized that I really did give it my all. I have a stretch goal for next time.

Finally, I drank my 2 bags of green tea with honey right before the run. The caffeine jolt gets me nauseous but keeping a relaxed pace I got through it and I really think this drink contributes significantly to the progress I am making with my long runs and endurance workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment