Thursday, August 29, 2013

Arms & Shoulders - 201 pounds! - 10 days until Super Spartan, 44 till Tough Mudder

This is my last lift to failure day at the gym before the Super Spartan. Good day. A new personal record on the dumbbell curl and got my weight down to 201. Goal is 200 with a little more than a week to go. A tough week considering its Labor Day weekend. Hopefully I won’t kill my progress with a good BBQ. I will be good by avoiding beer. I have a case of good stuff waiting for me for after the race. That and a pizza to compliment my Super Spartan medal is my motivation.

Also, I know that it is getting close when Spartan sent me an email with my start time and race info pack. Lets do this!

Warm Up:

Arms & Shoulders - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg-ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 201. So close. I need to continue to practice discipline.
  • Time: 60 minutes

  • Barbell Front Raise: max 10 reps @ 75 pounds on 4th circuit. Tried 85 on 5th circuit but that was not going to happen so I went back to 75 on 5th. Need to break this plateau.
  • Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension: max 8 reps @ 30 pounds on 4th circuit. Hit a plateau here too.
  • Seated Barbell Shoulder Press: max 5 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. Another plateau.
  • Standing Dumbbell Curl: max 5 reps @ 55 on the 5th circuit. Broke through here as my previous max was 50 pounds. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment