Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Leg Day - 202 pounds - 11 days until Super Spartan, 45 until Tough Mudder

Less than two weeks until I get my revenge on the Tri State Super Spartan and I am starting to get into psych up mode. More motivational videos please. 

This is also the last weight routine I will do on my legs before the Super Spartan. Hill running and a long run are still on the plan.  

Great news: weight is down to 202 pounds. Only 2 pounds to go. I may be too close to the deadline to get there but considering that I did this race last year at 230 and my original goal was to get to 210 I feel like I have already accomplished something. 

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg-ups, decline cross-over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.


Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 202. Awesome. Making the progress that I need to make.
  • Time: 75 minutes. This is a tough routine that takes a lot out of me after every set so it is a little longer than my regular time. That said, I reduced my time from the last time I did this routine by 5 minutes. Progress.
  • Barbell Squats: max 10 reps @ 145 on 5th circuit. On my blog I see that I have done heavier weights in the past but not according to the cheat sheet card I bring to the gym with me. I will continue to push this up. 
  • Barbell Deadlift: max 7 reps @ 225 on 5th circuit. I have done 10 reps in the past but not today. On the 3rd circuit I could only muster two yet I came back and did more.
  • Standing Barbell Calf Raise: max 10 reps @ 350 on 5th circuit. I continue to increase weight on this exercise. 
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 3 reps @ 45 (each hand). This is the first time I broke past the 40 pound threshold. New personal record. 

No comments:

Post a Comment