Monday, August 12, 2013

Got the blood pumping run - spent weekend off the reservation

This post is proof that this blog is about the daily activities of a real human being with all of their strengths and weaknesses living in the real world with all of its challenges. 

This past weekend I visited my parents and went completely off diet and did not work out at all due to my accommodating their schedule and respecting the time that I have with them instead of putting my own goals first. 

I returned Sunday night and had an important business meeting this morning so I am proud of myself to find an hour to go running in the evening. The 50 minutes I spent is less than my normal routine and the distance I ran was much shorter than my longer runs. I also did not incorporate wind sprints or intervals into the run which would have jacked up the intensity. In hindsight that would have been the way to push myself. 

So today I did my Hoboken loop. It took 50 minutes. Tomorrow I hit the gym and will switch up to arms and shoulders instead of chest. Wednesday is legs and Thursday is chest. Friday rest. Saturday long run. Sunday total body. Need to stick to schedule and get back on diet with less than a month to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment