Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Chest Back - Improvements over 7/9 - 32 days until Super Spartan, 67 until Tough Mudder

Comparing what I did today versus when I did this same routine on July 9th, it took me the same 65 minutes and I improved in weight on all of the exercises. Also, I am holding my weight loss gains checking in at 205. I would like to get the time down to 60 minutes.

Also, I am tightening up the weights where I start from on the 1st circuit to my max. I aim to hit my previous max on the 4th circuit so that I can beat it and improve on the 5th or have 2 circuits to beat it. Previously I would walk back the weights at 5 pound intervals from the 4th circuit to get to the weight at which I start on the 1st. This time I tightened it up from 5 pounds to 2.5. I don’t know if that made sense to you but it did to me.

Focusing on chest and back, I am looking for improvement on the monkey bars, rope climb and lifting myself over walls. Those are the obstacles that I am having most problems with. Although these obstacles are not 100% chest & back, a stronger chest and back are going to help.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.

To improve cardio incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, & v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each cycle.

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 65 minutes
  • Weight: 205
  • Bench Press - max 7 reps @ 110 (55 each side) + bar. Improvement over 10 reps at 105 + bar on 5th.
  • Rear Lateral Raise - max 8 reps @# 35 pounds on 5th circuit. Improvement over 5 reps of 35 on 4th set last time.
  • Dips & Pull Ups - maxed at 7 reps @ 7.5 pounds weighted dips on 4th circuit. Improvement over 2.5 pounds + chain. 3 pull ups each set. I hate that I have trouble with pull ups and need to continue working on those.
  • EZ Bar Pull Over - max 10 reps @ 50 pounds (25 each side) + bar on 5 circuit Improvement over 45 (22.5 each side) + bar on 4th set last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment