Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Arms & Shoulders - 19 until Super Spartan, 54 until Tough Mudder

Glad that I got to the gym today. My body rebelled against me for Saturday's hill run and Sunday I just did not have it to get to the gym. Monday I had family responsibilities that trumped working out and kept me awake the majority of the night. So, just getting to the gym today was a major win. That said, I reduced my time by 5 minutes and set a new personal record for one of the exercises. 

Warm Up:


Arms & Shoulders Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit  - Do 5 circuits.

Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross-over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 206. Jumped up from my recent 204. Need to get trending down again since I have less than 3 weeks to get to 200.
  • Time 55 minutes. In the gym focused.
  • Barbell Shoulder Press - max 10 reps @ 75 pounds on 5th circuit. Lat time got to 75 pounds on 4th but only did 2 reps on 5th. 
  • Bar Curl - the bar curl bench was taken up when I got there so I did this with dumbbells. It was free for the 5th circuit so I did 50 (25 each side) + bar on 5th. Didn't write down number of reps but it was probally 6, 7, or 8. Last time max 7 reps @ 55 pounds +EZ curl bar on 3rd & 4th circuit.
  • Dumbbell Front Raise - max 6 reps @40 pounds on 5th circuit. Last time did a Barbell Front Raise - max 7 reps @ 75 pounds on 5th circuit
  • Lying Triceps Extension - max 6 reps @ 85 pounds on 4th circuit. Last time max 4 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit

No comments:

Post a Comment