Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chest / Back - 17 until Super Spartan & 52 until Tough Mudder (Thursday)

I actually did this workrout on Thursday but only have the chance to post it today. Hopefully everyone sees that we all have life challenges that can get in the way of a workout routine which has its own place on the priority list. I am no different. I reseted on Friday and am waiting for my window of opportunity to get a workout in today (Saturday). Saturday is supposed to be my long run but I will not have the time to do that so I will imporvise.

This workout focuses on chest and back and this is version 3 of the workout. 4 versions in total meaning that I do each workout once a month although I focus on chest once a week.

Warm Up:

Chest/Back Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross-over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Weight: 205. Holding. I am about 2 weeks from the SUper Spartan and in the home stretch to get to 200. It is going to be a challenge but I am happy with my progress since I am still 25 lighter this year than last.
  • Time: 70 minutes. 5 minutes more than last time but still within my range. Need to get all of my workouts to 60 minutes but that is not my priority.
  • Incline Bench Press - max 9 reps @ 145 (50 each side + bar) on 5ath circuit. Improvement over last time which was max 5 reps @ 95 + bar on 5 circuit
  • Underhand Lateral Pull Downs - max 6 reps @ 195 on 5th circuit. Almost the same as last time when my max was 7 reps @ 195 on 4th circuit.
  • Decline Dumbbell Flys - max 5 reps @ 40 pounds on 5th circuit. Previous high was 10 reps @ 35 on 5th circuit.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Row - max 8 reps @ 70 pounds on 4th circuit. Someone was using the 70 pound dumbbells when it was time for my 5th circuit so I just let it go, did my burpees and went home. Last time my max was 10 reps @ 70 on 5th circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment