Thursday, August 22, 2013

Legs - 18 until Super Spartan, 53 until Tough Mudder

Got an email from Spartan today describing some race day logistics. Its getting closer. I am excited and need to get focused on the three remaining pounds I have to lose. 

Today the focus is on building strength in the legs. Very necessary for hill/mountain climbing and running through mud.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 80 minutes. Second time it took this long. I would like to get this time down but this is more of a strength routine and less cardio.
  • Weight: 203. Getting there. Only 3 pounds to lose with 2+ weeks to go.
  • Machine Squats - max 10 reps @ 240 on 5th cycle. Better than the 230 last time.
  • Barbell Deadlift - max 10 reps @ 205 (80 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. Big improvement over last time when I maxed 6 reps @ 185 on 5th cycle
  • Barbell Lunges - max 10 reps @ 85 on 5th circuit. Same as last time when I maxed 10 reps @ 85 on 5th cycle although I had trouble on 4th circuit this time only getting to 7 reps.
  • Straight Leg Deadlift - max 10 reps @ 185 (70 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. Improvement over last time when I maxed 7 reps @ 165 on 5th cycle. This exercise has been tough for me since in other routines sonce some times I have it and some times this kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment