Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Arms & Shoulders - Aching, Resting - 17 days until Tough Mudder

I am taking it easy this week. I didn’t get my rest last night and my left shoulder is aching. Nothing to worry about but the constant push ups, burpees and chest days at the gym may be getting to me. Nothing to be alarmed about, just lighten up a little bit.

Today I only did three circuits and since I usually hit my previous max weight on the fourth circuit, I did not set any new personal records.

The plan is to get through this week without killing myself. Rest day on Thursday, a Full Body workout on Friday, run on Sunday and rest again on Monday. Really push good gym workouts Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday next week next week, long run Saturday, Full Body gy on Sunday and then coast until the Tough Mudder so that I am rested and recovered.

Warm Up:



Arms & Shoulders Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit  - Do 5 circuits.

Incorporate 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross-over sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 200. Holding. Good.
  • Time: Did not track. Was short since I didn’t do the entire routine.
  • Barbell Shoulder Press - max 10 reps @ 75 pounds on 3rd circuit Last time did 2 reps @ 85 on 5th circuit.
  • Bar Curl - max 5 reps @ 70 pounds on 3rd circuit. Same as last time.
  • Dumbbell Front Raise - max 10 reps @ 35 pounds on 3rd circuit. Last time maxed 6 reps @40 pounds on 5th circuit.
  • Lying Triceps Extension - max 10 reps @ 75 pounds on 3rd circuit. Last time maxed 6 reps @ 85 pounds on 4th circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment