Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Workouts - Run & Total Body - 26 days until Tough Mudder

Months before the Super Spartan I promised myself that I would properly rest before and after the event. This included taking the entire week after the Super Spartan off. Turns out that I worked out 4 days this week. Almost did 5 but Thursday I realized that I just did not have it so I turned around when I got to the gym door. 

Saturday was for running and I really did not track time or distance although I can say that I did about 2/3 of the distance that I want to get to for Tough Mudder. Spartan was about hills and Tough Mudder is more about distance running. I have 2 more weekends to extend my run.

Sunday I got into the gym and tackled my Total Body workout routine. I have had trouble with theses but I got through this one setting some new personal records. This demonstrates progress. 

Warm Up:
Total Body Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.

In between each set do 10 core exercises (sit-ups, Elevated Feet Russian Twists with weights, leg ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) and at the end of each circuit do 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 65 Mimutes. Last time took me 70
  • Weight: 202 Pounds
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch - max 2 reps @ 45 on 4th cycle. LEft shoulder caused the problem just like last time but then I could only get 6 reps @ 40.
  • Barbell Straight Leg Dead Lift to Row - max 10 reps @ 105 on 5th circuit. Still increasing weight here as last time I did 10 reps @ 95.
  • Barbell Front Squat to Push Press - max 6 reps @ 85 pounds on 4th circuit. Better than the 8 reps @ 75 last time.
  • Elevated Feet Push Press - max 10 reps @ 65 on 5th circuit. I take particular pride here since I could only do 7 reps on the 4th circuit and came back to 10 on the 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment