Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Total Body Workout - 5 days until Super Spartan, 39 until Tough Mudder

With the Super Spartan coming up on Sunday I did not want to max out on a workout this week preferring to maintain my habits and get through the motions while saving myself. Also, my total body routines have a way of exhausting me more than my other workouts so expectations were not high. 

I got in there and did my entore routine, in less time and set some improvements over the last time. Afterwards I feel good. I think that I can do a good distance run with some hills and stairs tomorrow and take it light or rest Thursday/Friday. One of those days will definately be a rest day. Saturday rest and rock and roll on Sunday.

Warm Up:
Total Body Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.
In between each set do 10 core exercises (sit-ups, Elevated Feet Russian Twists with weights, leg ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) and at the end of each circuit do 10 burpees.

Notes / Results:

  • Time: 65 minutes. Last time was 70 minutes so I did better with my focus.
  • Weight: 203. Up from 201 and still not at goal with 5 days to go but I will take it. At this time last year before the Super Spartan I was 230. I expect that having 25+ less pounds to carry around is going to make a significant difference.
  • Single Arm Dumbbell Snatch - max 4 reps @ 45 pounds on the 5th circuit. Improvement over 6 reps @ 40 pounds on 4th cycle last time.
  • Barbell Straight Leg Dead Lift to Row - max 7 reps @ 95 on 4th circuit. Went down to 85 and did 10 reps on 5th circuit.
  • Elevated Feet Russian Push Press - max 10 reps @ 65 on 5th circuit. On 4th circuit I could only hold my balance for 8 reps but I came back and did the 10. Proud of myself for that.
  • Barbell Front Squat to Push Press - max @ 3 reps at 85 pounds on 5th cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment