Thursday, September 12, 2013

Super Spartan Pix - 30 days until Tough Mudder

Today I took the liberty of enjoying a rest day and working out tomorrow instead (which was scheduled to be a rest day). It just fit into my schedule better. 

In the meantime, let me share with you photos of me from the Tri State Super Spartan this weekend. I weigh 203 pounds and from these pictures it is obvious that even though I do a lot of core & ab work that there is more work to do. On the good side, last year I was 230 pounds so I am making progress. 

Final time was 2 hours, 38 minutes for the 8+ mile course. In the Open heat (not Competitive) I finished:

  • 26.7% Overall
  • 32.1% Gender (male)
  • 37% Age (40 - 45)


Rolling under barbed wire in the mud. I try not to crawl through obstacles like this since the rocks that are in the mud kill my knees. I don't do this for the pain. The easier, the better. 


Taking on the fire jump at the end of the race.




I went after these guys. It is right before the finish line and I still had some gas in the tank.




Got my beer & my medal. Hardest work that I have ever had to do for a PBR.


My little girl with the "Its Burpee Time" onesie I bought for her. #StartEmYoung


No comments:

Post a Comment