Thursday, September 19, 2013

Wednesday Leg Day - 24 days until Tough Mudder

Good time at 70 minutes but still have to try to get this down to 60. Wieght holding at 200 and set improvements on all of my exercises. Especially dramatic improvements on the exercises on the back end of the circuit and I am going to attribute that to an overall improvement in endurance. Maybe the long runs I do on the weekends are contributing.

The focus on legs is to build strength for hill/mountain climbing and running through mud. This is the short duration / high intensity workout for the legs and the low intensity / long duration run will come this weekend.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine - 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.


Do 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline crossover sit ups, v-ups) in between each set and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.

Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 200. Holding.
  • Time: 70 minutes. Goal is to get to 60.
  • Overhead Squat - max 10 reps @ 85 pounds on 5th circuit. Last time was 75. I will get to 95 but some of the problem is in the arms/shoulders since I have to hold the bar in a new position.
  • Deadlift - max 10 reps @ 185 (140 + bar) on 5th circuit. Maxed at 6 reps on 4th circuit but came back at same weight on 5th for all 10 reps. Progress. Same thing happened last time I did this routine. Need to get all 10 done on 4th circuit.
  • Squat Cleans - max 6 reps @ 75 on 5th circuit. Dramatic improvement over previous high of 5 reps @ 55 pounds on 3rd circuit. This one is killed me in the past and I think part for the reason is that it is on the back half of the circuit. Glad to see this improvement.
  • Straight Leg Deadlift - max 6 reps @ 185 (140 + bar) on 5th circuit. 20 pound improvement over last time. Again, I think that this being on the back half of the circuit is affecting my performance here and my gains are due to overall endurance improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment