Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Leg Day - 31 days until Tough Mudder

Time was 70 minutes and my weight maintains at 203. Made improvements across the board and I think that is because I did not do a leg lift routine last week as I was resting for the Super Spartan. Good showing today and that will raise the bar for future workouts.

The focus on legs is to build strength to ru through the Tough Mudder mud mile that can suck the life right out of you.

Warm Up:

Leg Routine. 10 reps each set. Do 10 reps in a set and move up in weight for next circuit. Do 5 circuits.


At the end of each set do 10 core reps (sit ups, elevated feet russian twists with weights, leg ups, decline cross over sit ups, v-ups) and 10 burpees at the end of each circuit.



Notes / Results:

  • Weight: 203. I may be hitting a plateau on weight loss. I plan to have a good diet week and then reevaluate. I good goal would be to get to 195 in time for Tough Mudder.
  • Time: 70 minutes. Better than my previous time of 80 minutes but that may be because I went to a plate loaded calf raise from the standing barbell calf raise which saves me time in transition.
  • Dumbbell Step Up: max 5 reps @ 45 on 5th circuit. Previous high was 5 reps @ 40.
  • Plate Loaded Calf Raise: this is new for me. I was getting to a weight level on the standing barbell calf raise that I felt had the potential to hurt me. This is a bit safer. I am starting low and maxed 10 reps @155 on 5th circuit.
  • Straight Leg Barbell Deadlift: max 5 reps @ 205 (80 each side + bar) on 5th circuit. Previous high was 4 reps @ 190.
  • Barbell Squats: max 10 reps @ 235 (95 each side +bar) on 5th circuit. Continue to increase weight here since last time was 225.

No comments:

Post a Comment