Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Long Run - 3 weeks until Tough Mudder

Today was my long run day. Not sure how far I went in miles but more in milestones and markers. Let me cut to the chase for those who are unfamiliar with Weehawken and Hoboken NJ. 

I decided how far I was going to run and then I ran it. I decided that the sooner I completed my course, the sooner that I would be home so I should just go and do it. 

Results and notes are that I was out running for about 2 hours. I ran continuously for 90% of that time. 

With 2 more long run weekends ahead of me before the Tough Mudder, I will be doing the same course but including wind sprints along the way. This is going to help sprinting up the hills in the mud mile and to get up Mt. Everest at the end of the course. 

Today I ran from Lincoln Harbor north toward Port Imperial, going up the hill and down the stairs and continuing to the end of the river walk at Harbour Town apartments. I turned around and did the Staircase of Death. I then got back to Lincoln Harbour and continued through Hoboken toward the terminal, around Hoboken beach and back. I ran out of gas at Maxwell Park and walked the remainder. When I say "ran out of gas" I mean that my legs gave out strength wise. Cardio wise I was fine. This is why I am going to push it over the next couple of weeks with the wind sprint intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment