Monday, September 30, 2013

High Intensity Run - 13 days until Tough Mudder

I deviated from the workout plan that I laid out in a blog post last week. This weekend I was away at a wedding and as much as I could have found the time to run or exercise I decided to enjoy the brief vacation, go with the flow of being with the family and forget the diet.

Today the party was over. I was out on the running route bright and early. The route was from Lincoln Harbour, up the hill, past Port Imperial, to the end of the river walk and all the way back with the Port Imperial steps thrown in. 

Since I did not do a long run this weekend and this run was not for distance (I do have to go to work you know) I made sure to include about 10 10 second sprints within the run. This is good to boost intensity (along with the hill and stairs) and better prepares me for obstacles.

Not sure of what else to say except that I made my run, which was about an hour in duration, a high intensity workout. Tomorrow I get back to the gym and work on the guns (arms & shoulders).

No comments:

Post a Comment