Saturday, February 15, 2014

Kettlebell Saturday & Traverse Rope Training

Still loving the Kettlebell workouts. Apparently so do many other people since the kettlebell area was packed today with other gym goers. Since it is a Saturday, maybe they are thinking the same thing that I do: do your splits (chest/legs/arms) during the week and do a total body on the weekends.
To help me prepare for Spartan obstacles, I found a video that talks about the traverse rope. From this video I incorporated the pull ups and I started doing more monkey bars. The set set was with no weight and then I added a belt that holds weights. 5, 7.5, and 10 pounds for subsequent sets. I tried combining the pull ups with the toes to bar but was unsuccessful. I will get to combining the pull ups, monkey bars and toes to bar.



Warm Up:
5 circuits preceded by the hands in line pull ups (alternating hands) and monkey bars.


Notes / Results:


  • Time: 65 minutes. Kept a good pace and was gassed at the end but was not focusing on time.
  • Weight: 198. I can always do better with my diet but I am starting to think that I am doing strength exercises during this season on Spartan training and I am not gaining weight. I am getting stronger evidenced by my increases in the weight that i lift. Is my new muscle weight replacing fat with that I am burning? That would be nice to think.

** All weight in kg**  

  • Swing Clean & Press - Sets - 12, 16, 18, 4@24/6@18, 18
  • Balance Row - Sets: 12,16,18, 24, 24
  • Lunge & Press - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 18, 7@18
  • Single Leg Deadlift - Sets: 12, 16, 18, 24, 24
  • Squats - Sets: 16, 18, 15@24, 13@24, 24

No comments:

Post a Comment