Friday, February 7, 2014

VO2 Max Day

With 3 strength days at the gym in the bag for the week, I took today to get back to cardio or High Intensity Interval Training. Basically, doing a lot of lighter weight exercises in a short period of time or as fast as I can with minimum rest in between.

Include the Warm Up and I did 9 sets of exercises within 60 minutes. That comes out to 6.66 or 6 minutes & 40 seconds for each group. If I assume that each exercise is 5 minutes of exertion, which is probably pretty close to accurate, then I took one minute and 40 seconds in between exercise groups. That is over a 3:1 exercise to rest ratio. I can live with that.

Warm Up:

1/2 mile on the treadmill in 5 minutes

5 minutes on the rowing machine

30 Burpees

Core Tabata:
  • Sit Ups with 5 pound plate
  • Elevated Feet Mason Twists with 15 pound weight
  • 8kg Kettlebell V-Ups
  • Crossover Fingers to Knees with 5 pound plate

.55 miles on the treadmill in 5 minutes

5 sets of 5 pull ups & 10 dips

30 Burpees

5 minutes on the rowing machine

Time: 60 minutes
Weight: 199

No comments:

Post a Comment