Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Body Weight during Taper Week - Added Wrinkles

Okay, so I had said that this was going to be the last time I did this installment of the program but since I am tapering and only doing one body weight day this week due to the Tough Mudder on Sunday I decided not to start weeks 5 & 6. That will happen next week.

Good workout today as I made many improvements in addition to adding some wrinkles. The wrinkles included putting a towel around the TRX body row handles to better simulate pulling myself up a rope. I also traversed the monkey bars three times, each time consisting of across and back so six total trips.

Another note is that on Sunday I did a 2 hour 20 minute endurance run before I bonked. I am convinced that I could have finished the entire route if I had the proper nutrition. The result of this means two things:

First - I am going to use my hydration pack for the Tough Mudder on Sunday so that I can bring gel packs and protein bars. I have not needed them in the past but I will be better off with them.

Secondly - Instead of just eating oatmeal I will eat oatmeal and a hard boiled egg the morning of the Mudder. I have done this before my trail runs so I don’t think that it should negatively affect me and I will have plenty of time to digest.
Warm Up:

Intervals - 3 sets of between 6-12 reps per set. Supposed to spend 3 minutes on each set (exercise & rest) but I scaled my rests to approximately 30 seconds to one minute.

  • TRX Towel Rows - 6 / 4 / 4
  • Diamond Push Ups - 12 / 10E / 12E (E=feet elevated)
  • Pistol Squats - 7 / 6 / 8
  • Toes to Bar - 8 / 8 / 7
  • Dips - 8 / 8 / 6
  • Chin Ups / Pull Ups - 4C - 5P - 4S
  • Military Press - 8 / 7 / 5
  • 3x Monkey bars

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 65 minutes - included conversation
  • Weight: 196

No comments:

Post a Comment