Friday, October 3, 2014

Kettlebell Conditioning - Plus Day

Plus day today since I was scheduled for a rest day before a long run tomorrow. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I turned that into a rest day and worked out today and will run on Sunday. Running is important since the Tough Mudder is a week away and I need to get some practice in. The Beast makes the Tough Mudder seem like a walk in the park but the truth is that it is still 12 miles of obstacles and running through mud. It is not an Easy Mudder, it is a Tough Mudder.

Another reason it was a plus day is that because I did five rounds and added load to this routine. These kettlebell routines are always a killer especially when done for conditioning.

Also, I am starting to work on improving my burpees taking them from a point to point exercise to a more fluid one. Interesting that after years of doing burpees that i am still working on how to do them better / properly. Just shows that many exercises may take a day to learn but a lifetime to master.

Warm Up:


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 75 minutes
  • Weight: 195
All weight in kg
  • Windmills: 12, 16, 18, Grey, 24
  • High Pulls: 12, 16, 18, Grey, 24 (hold - poor form, barely got through this)
  • Single Leg Deadlift: 16, 18, 24, Green, Red (32kg)
  • Side Lunge: 12, 16, 18, Grey, 24
  • Squat & Press: 12, 16, 18, 5 Grey, 8 Grey

Got this workout from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from his YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining

He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment