Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Strength Day - Need to Try Squat Negatives

I made today a good day. I most probably should have rested since I was tired and my right leg is aching, especially my knee. I got in there and did my best and may have even made a discovery that will help me in the long term.

I noticed that on my squats that my ROM decreases as I hit higher weights. I am not sure how deep I should regularly go but I think that starting in the hole and exploding up, then slowly lowering the bar to the hole will help with that. I did get to 175 today which was a new PR and on course to accomplish my strength goal but I don’t want to sacrifice ROM for load. Going forward I may still increase the weight but then do drop sets with full RM. The next two weeks I am going to concentrate on starting from the hole.

I also did bench and continue to have problems at 145 for the fifth rep. I was able to do two at 155 with a spotter helping me finish my third rep.

The plan was also to Deadlift but due to me bieng tired, pain in my right leg & knee and with someone else in the traditional Deadlift space (I could have found another) I skipped it today.

Warm Up:

Strength Exercises

Notes / Results:
  • Time: 50 minutes
  • Weight: 198

  • Bench Press
    • Previous high: 3@155
    • Sets: 12@120*, 10@130*, 8@135*, 4@145, 2@155
  • Squats
    • Previous High:3@175
    • 12@120*, 10@140*, 8@155*, 5@165, 3@175

No comments:

Post a Comment