Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Brief Kettlebell Conditioning Taper Work Out - Still Recovering from Cold

Felt good going into the gym but ran out of gas early. Made the excuse that I am tapering but I am really still getting over a cold. I need to keep positive and be fully rested for Sunday. I am starting to worry that this Tough Mudder is going to be my most challenging - which it shouldn't.


Reviewing Burpee form I am changing from doing a very point to point push up to a more fluid get your chest to the floor and get up style.


This Kettlebell workout came from http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/ I pulled all of the videos from this trainer’s YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/GBpersonaltraining
He has several different types of workouts on his site along with downloadable programs. Please visit his site. This is listed as his “Best Kettlebell Workouts” so I thought that would be fine for me but he has other ones including strength, beginner, etc. I have adjusted the number of reps and set to fit me but are using his exercises.
Warm Up:
Circuit with sets of 10. At the end of each circuit did 10 burpees.


Notes / Results:
  • Time: 35 minutes - only did two circuits
  • Weight: 198 pounds
** All weight in KGs** - not sure how heavy the Grey or Green Kettlebells are but they are heavier than the 18 KG and Green is heavier than Grey

  • Turkish Get Ups: Sets: 10, 10
  • 1 Arm Kettlebell Swings: 14, 14
  • Reverse Lunges: 14, 14
  • High Pulls: 14, 14
  • Squats: 14, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment